I designed two accelerated auto film installer training programs to help Eastman Performance Films add installers to the labor market and reduce time to proficiency from 12 - 18 months to 4 - 6 weeks.
Eastman Performance Films offers retailers automotive window tint and paint protection film under a couple brands. They recognized a large installer labor shortage in the market and wanted to help their retailers address it. As part of that solution, I designed training programs to upskill novice installers. The first of their kind in the market, these programs prepare installers to complete quality, sellable work in 4 - 6 weeks instead of the typical 12 - 18 months that it takes through the industry's historical apprentice-style approach.
- UX-style interviews, focus groups, and surveys with business stakeholders, retailers, expert installers, and novice installers
- Learner personas and journey maps for both paint protection film and window tint installers
- Action mapping and installation quality standard setting sessions with subject matter experts
- High-level training designs for two foundational programs
- Content analysis and documentation
- Training material template design and development
- Project management over the design and development of facilitator guides, participant materials, assessment checklists and scorecards, and three Rise eLearning courses